Monday, December 04, 2006

A few of my favorite things

I guess there is no denying it any longer, Christmas is just around the corner. I know I've said it a million times but, I really can't believe how fast this year has gone. My father always told me time speeds up the older you get.

Last week I started gradually getting my Christmas decorations out. I put our tree up over the weekend but the icing on the cake is the beautiful snow storm we are getting today.

Here are a few pictures I took around the house.

Here is our new artificial christmas tree. We left our old one out west with our friends so I had to go on a hunt for a new one. I must say I am quite happy with it. Notice the snow in the back ground.
This is my absolute favorite Christmas decoration. I love this nativity for so many different reasons: 1)Several different family members have added to my collection; 2) Jamie built me the creche from scratch and 3) it symbolizes the real meaning of this holiday season for me.


My wonderful husband brought me home this beautiful wreath the other day. Isn't it gorgeous! It even has holly and berries in it.

This was a picture I took tonight of the winter wonderland out front. It's just like being in a snow globe. BEAUTIFUL!!

1 comment:

The Barretts said...

I love your nativity scene. It's so beautiful....just like the real meaning of Chrismtas....